Information on Cookies
Pursuant to EU Reg. 2016/679 of art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/03, c.d. GDPR (general regulation on data protection), this statement explains what cookies are and illustrates the various types of cookies on the website www.djungle.io (hereinafter, the “Site”) and integrates the information related to the data processing.
There are various types of cookies, depending on their characteristics and functions, and these may remain in the user’s computer or mobile device for different periods of time; cookies can therefore be classified as:
- “session” cookies, which are deleted immediately when the browser is closed;
- “persistent” cookies, which remain in the browser for a certain period of time. They are used, for example, to recognize the device that connects to a site facilitating authentication operations for the user;
- “own” cookies, generated and managed directly by the manager of the website on which the user is browsing;
- “third-party” cookies, generated and managed by parties other than the operator of the website on which the user is browsing.
Among the technical cookies, which do not require an express consent for their use, the Italian Data Protection Authority (see the General Measure “Identifying the simplified procedures for the disclosure and the acquisition of consent for the use of cookie – 8 May 2014 “) also includes:
- “cookie analytics” when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, asking the user to leave their email in case he is interested in receiving additional information regarding the service provided.
- browsing or session cookies (to authenticate, to make a purchase, etc.),
- functional cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided.
For cookies cc.dd. profiling, vice versa, ie those aimed at creating profiles related to the user and used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of surfing the net, a prior consent of the user is required.
Cookies used on the Website
The Website uses the following types of cookies:
- own, session and persistent cookies, necessary to allow navigation on the Site, for purposes of internal security and system administration;
- persistent third-party cookies used by the Site to send statistical information to the Google Analytics system, through which the Data Controller can perform statistical analysis of accesses / visits to the Website.
The cookies used exclusively pursue statistical purposes and collect information in aggregate form. Through a pair of cookies, one of which persistent and the other of session (with expiration at the end of the browser), Google Analytics also saves a register with the start times of the visit to the Site and exit from it. You can prevent Google from tracking data through cookies and the subsequent processing of data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in.